Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Leg 3

I'll put my faith in the outside again going with the 5 and 6. However I always like to have a price and theres one in here that does scare me so I'll be throwing in the 3 for hopefully at least a fun will pay. Lets look closer:

1- A very nice horse no doubt. The race last time was actually much more impressive than appears on paper (i was there in person to see it). She broke very poorly and came flying like an express train. Granted the fractions were fast and the field wasn't breathtaking, it was still very visually impressive. However at 9-5 I gotta beat her coming out of a race with a suspect field and a beyer that was clearly aided by the scorching pace.
2- This one could be dangerous. An improving 3 year old is always danger. She has faced some tough competition in the past and is finally figuring things out. I just dont think she is quite good enough for these.
3- As I said earlier Dutrow is the best at training a horse up to a race and that is the position we find him in again. The horse seems to have an affinity for Belmont. You might wonder why i say that but the debut here was better than looked. Breaking from the rail, always a tough task for a first timer, she faced some very quality horses including Casanova Move and Light Green. I'm honestly not sure who will get the lead in this race but it will either be this one or the 6 and if i had to bet my money is going here. After that bet, I'd bet that the 6 takes off this horse giving her an easy lead making her even more dangerous. Call me a price hunter but this one looks talented and dangerous, especially on an easy lead.
4- Maybe this made a big improvement as a 3 year old and grew a lot and is a nice racehorse. But shes going to have to prove that to me. From what I see she is not in the same class as these. She hasnt race in almost a year so there is definite room for improvement for this filly making her 3 year old debut. Another trend we've been seeing is the improvement horses make from synthetic to dirt so thats another positive here. Lets give her this one and see what happens. Gotta let her beat me.
5- I love the improvement this one keeps showing. I love that she won off a nice layoff. I love that shes won on the lead and from way back. I love the Assmuessen, Bridgmahan combo. I love the post. Lots of positives. Shes in.
6- My top pick gets the best post. This horse has been going farther than she has wanted to go for awhile now because I believe Pletcher knows he has a talented horse and had to give her a shot at some of the big races. Now she is back a distance I think she will prefer with the best post and if she can avoid a duel with the 3 and sit just off in 2nd she should get the best trip. On top of that I love the work on Sept 10. 5-2 is a fine price for me and I'll take it.

So theres the play. Put em together and you get 3,4,6,7 with 2,7,8 with 3,5,6 for a 36 dollar early pick 3. Good luck!

Going to the track?
Betting at home?
Just wanna make some money?

You can tell us to handicap any race or card just for you! We do the work, YOU make the money! Email us at coryman10@gmail.com or steel6061@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment