Monday, September 21, 2009

Belmont Wednesday 9/23

As most of you know we are very big pick 3 players so I will post some pick 3 plays for Wednesday here:

Race 1:
1- The rail draw for this second time starter doesn't thrill me. The short layoff doesnt bother me either. It looks he got some pressure last time which shows he might have some talent. However from this post and having on one race under his belt I have to let him beat me.
2- I really like this horse. I do. But I'm not buying his new found dirt form. I see two perfect trips against suspect fields. I like the post a lot for his style and he should get a great ground saving stalking trip in a race that should have some decent pace. However, at his short price I dont believe he is good enough to beat these.
3- Immediately throw out the last race as he needed a lengthy layoff. Looking closely I see some sneaky good form. I might be forcing a price here but I think he may like sprinting better. I think he will get the best trip in the race. Seems to be a new horse since his last layoff and at 12-1 ML for p3 purposes I'm buying. If your cash strapped don't be shy to leave this one out though.
4- A wise man once told me Richard Dutrow could train a horse up to a race better than any trainer in the business. And you know what? I've found that to be very true. This horse is only 3 and already has posted a 92 beyer as a young 2 year old. As the second choice on the board I have to say he is my top pick.
5- I dont think he is a need the lead horse. It may look that way but I think if he relaxes he can be dangerous. Having said that I see him getting in a duel with the 1 and 7 and having the worst trip of them all. On top of that he should have won the race 3 back and cameback to beat a more than suspect field. His beyers look appealing and I hope he is overbet for that reason. It would probably be a safe bet to assume Ramon Dominguez was offered this mount however he is on my longshot 3 ;). Just another reason to leave this one out.
6- I'll throw out his mile race right off the bat. I'll even forgive the one before that because it was a tough field, fast pace, he was wide and had some trouble. So lets start 3 back. For those who dont know Fateh Field cameback to win recently and right after that last race (the one on Aug 5) ran a trouble 2nd I believe (maybe 3rd). The point is that race is very live as Citifest cameback to also beat a pretty solid field. I know it was turf and I wouldnt argue with you if you said this guy's best two races were on the turf but he was definitely not bad on the dirt. The ONLY reason this horse is 20-1 is based off his last two races and I have legitimate reasons to throw both of them out. The first two races of his career are stellar. This guy is a must use in any exotic horizontally or vertically.
7- Ah the best post in the race goes to the favorite. How disappointing. I probably would have tried to beat him if it werent for his post. In my opinion, his races are dressed up and the competition has always been overrated, meaning the guys he has run against are not as good as people think. Expect him to go off as a heavy favorite and expect it to be close at the end. I dont think this guy will live up to the odds he will go off at at all. Having said that he could win and I'll be using him in the pick 3 but dont be shy to try and beat him.

3,4,6,7 in the first leg


Going to the track?
Betting at home?
Just wanna make some money?

You can tell us to handicap any race or card just for you! We do the work, YOU make the money! Email us at coryman10@gmail.com or steel6061@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment